Cindy Strickland, a fifth-generation Floridian, was raised in Sarasota, Florida. She and her husband, Tim live in Tallahassee with their children; Ben and Tyler.
“A Moment Captured by Cindy Strickland,” opened in 1998 when Cindy combined her previous business experience and photographic training. Her work quickly gained popularity among moms, who enjoyed the special look of her outdoor photography. Although she started her company using film, the business became fully-digital in 2002. Then, in 2004, Cindy expanded her business by adding her indoor studio. Although her concentration is on children, her professional portfolio also includes family portraits, maternity sessions, business portraits and bridal portraits.
Education is extremely important to Cindy who is committed to her continuing education.
Through her commitment to the Tallahassee Professional Photographers Guild (TPPG) and the Florida Professional Photographers (FPP) Association, she continues to expand her knowledge and share her information with other professionals.
Cindy has received the following recognitions:
Most recently, Cindy has been able to add her love of painting to her studio line. Her artist statement accurately describes this newest addition.
“For years, I painted with light in photography.
Now, I also paint with color.
Adding painting to my artistic expression has allowed me to explore color and texture in a way that compliments my photography. Unlike in the past, I can now create true paintings in a modern medium which allows me to share the images more efficiently.
I love art, I love photography, and I am blessed to find a way to combine them for myself and for my clients."
- Cindy has received her FED (Florida Education Degree) and her FSA (Florida Service Award) from the Florida Professional Photographers, both of which recognize a dedication to the photographic industry.
- PRESIDENT’S AWARD, 2012 – presented to Cindy by the President of the Tallahassee Professional Photographers Guild (TPPG) recognizing her service and dedication to the TPPG and its members
- DIGITAL ARTIST OF THE YEAR, 2011 – presented to Cindy by the Tallahassee Professional Photographers Guild. It is an award presented to the person who received the most awards for their digital artwork in one annual competition and 11 monthly competitions between local professional photographers. This is a great honor and is an award recognizing work quality.
- ED ROBINSON SCHOLARSHIP, 2011 – presented to Cindy by the Florida Professional Photographers for her service and volunteer work. This was the first Ed Robinson award presented, named after a man who has dedicated his time and efforts to the advancement of the Florida Professional Photographers through his endless volunteer hours.
- PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR, 2008 - presented to Cindy by the Tallahassee Professional Photographers Guild. It is an award presented to the person who received the most awards for their images in monthly competition between local professional photographers. This is a great honor and is an award recognizing work quality.
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD, 2008 - presented to Cindy by the President of the Florida Professional Photographers Association recognizing her service and dedication to the Tallahassee Professional Photographers’ Guild.
© A Moment Captured by Cindy Strickland